Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lazy Frog In The Pond

This adorable frog cake I completed for my uncle. The cute little frog is made out of half a marsh mellow and is covered in fondant. I formed the legs and eyes out of fondant also. His face I drew with edible marker. The cattails in the background are tootsie rolls on painted skewers; and the leaves, lily pads, and flowers are fondant. I used chocolate frosting on the sides to make it look like mud and blue frosting for water. Using my cake spatula, I made tiny ripples and waves in the water. Finally, I added the green border. Pretty simple!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Grace I had to check out your cake creations after your Mama recommended your blog and WOW! You have a great talent, it's wonderful how you're sharing it with others for their celebrations.

    ReplyDelete