Friday, August 10, 2012

Check Out My Most Recent Project

I apologize for not posting earlier. I've been super busy but having a blast. Here is what I have been working on recently:



These items are for a cake that my Grandma is making for my cousin. I stayed with my Grandparents for a week and helped my Grandma with this project. The french fry box is made out of fondant mixed with a little gum paste, and the fries were also created with fondant. To make the cup, we covered a small paper cup with white fondant and a red strip at the bottom. The stars we also cut out of fondant. Both of the McDonald's M's are edible images printed off of the internet.

The ball pit is my favorite part. We took a small box lid and covered it with fondant/gum paste. Sixlet candies made perfect balls. We wanted to put my cousin in the ball pit so we printed off a picture and cut him out. Finally, we put in the picture and added "i'm lovin' it" to the front.

Lastly, my Grandma made the slide also out of fondant/gum paste. Shortened straws made perfect legs. Eventually Grandma will add fondant chicken nuggets to our collection. When the cake is finally finished, I'll post the completed project.

Tip of the week: Mix a little gum paste with your fondant to help it set up harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment