Thursday, July 19, 2012

Simply Sweet Suggestions Blog Introduction




        I love art. It's always thrilling to create something new and feel the satisfaction of finishing. Drawing, painting, and jewelry making are all fun; but my favorite type of art by far is cake decorating. There is just something about making an edible masterpiece for that one special day. Not only does it taste good, but it looks wonderful. Sometimes the masterpiece is gone in less than a day, but the smiles I get from it are worth it all.

Creating smiles and telling a story is the purpose of my cakes. Kids especially love having a cake decorated just for them. Making cakes that show their personalities and interests can be challenging. However, that one cake can set the entire mood for the party. I want to make it a fun one.

I'm always looking for new ideas that are cute but simple. Extravagant wedding cakes may never be my thing. I would like to share some of my ideas with you, in hopes that they will be helpful to you. As a beginner cake artist, they won't be anything fancy, but I still hope they may be of use to you.


7 comments:

  1. Hey Grace! i am in your class when we had to make our blogs and i really enjoyed looking at yours. if you dont mind i would like you to go through mines and to just go through my links!

    here is the link! http://stopbullyingmeacademy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool blog! So decorative ... lots of yummies. I'll be visiting a lot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace! my mom loves your blog as much as I do, and she wants to know if you are willing to make a monsters truck birthday cake, but for a girl. It would be like medium sized. She was wondering how much you would charge, and where do you live? The cake is for my sister and her birthday is December. She is obsessed with cars, haha, so this cake would be special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashanti! Thanks for asking! I try not to give out that info on my blog, but here is an email address you can contact me at: kmgracewindows@gmail.com

      Delete